The NIE is your ID card while you are in Spain. You need it if you want to open a bank account or contract an spanish mobile service. It may also be necessary for shipments from your country.
Depending of your period of stay you can consider to get it or not. But it could help you in many situations.
If your are not from the UE and you will stay for more than 6 months, you have to apply for it obligatorily within the first 30 days since your arrival.
Keep calm if you decide go ahead, we will stand by you along the process if you need help. The good thing is that you can get it in just one day.
These are the steps to get your NIE:
1. Firstly you have to get the "Empadronamiento" paper
The "empadronamiento" is a proof of residence in the town of Pamplona.
- Beforehand you have to make an appointment by calling to the number 010 (from an Spanish telefhone) or through the web www.pamplona.es. We can help you with this.
- Then you go to the Empadronamiento´s Office at the hour you have been scheduled. It is located at the Palacio del Condestable, Calle Mayor nº 2 (close to the City Hall).
- You have to take with you a photocopy of your passport and the accommodation certificate or your rental lease.
2. Then you have to get NIE
- With your “empadronamiento” paper you have to go to the local foreign office (it is police station). It is located at Avenida Guipúzcoa nº 40. You can go directly or arrange an appointment (948 97 92 41).
- Take with you:
- a passport-size photo
- your visado
- your health insurance
- enrollment document of the University
- "Empadronamiento" paper
- You will have to pay some taxes.